Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Heather Drucker (HarperCollins)

I went to the University of Miami for my undergraduate degree and Books & Books was my local bookseller. I would often go to events, or just to see what new books they had so artfully displayed in their shelves along the store. I graduated with a degree in English and Psychology, and didn't know what I was going to do with my life -- did I want to go to graduate school? Get a job? Doing what? I moved back to my home base, Atlanta, and decided to get a job in a bookstore to bide my time until I figured something out. Books & Books was definitely an inspiration for me, as well as the movie "Crossing Delancey" which I had recently seen which featured an events coordinator at a classic NYC bookseller. The rest is history. Books became my career. After several years in bookselling and then a move to New York to get into publishing, I am now an Associate Director of Publicity at HarperCollins. Books & Books was a major influence on me in my "formative years" as a book lover.

Congratulations on 25 years of being one of the country's best booksellers!

Heather N. Drucker
Associate Director of Publicity
HarperCollins Publishers

No comments: